zondag 3 februari 2013

The books are finished!

Finally, the books are ready. It has been a really interesting - yet lengthy - process of designing, printing, cutting, binding etcetera. It makes me appreciate graphic arts projects even more then I used to. And at the end, holding real books, gives a big kick!

Here's what I made:

Book 1; 'Roltrap' 33cm x 21cm, appr. 45 pages, hard cover.


Detail of the binding, which is basically Japanese stab binding with a twist.


Book 2; 'Maandagmorgen', 40cm x 22cm, appr. 35 pages, hard cover.


Details of the binding with screws.


I made 5 of both as a first (signed and numbered) batch. I've kept one of both as a sample, the remaining 4 of 'Perron' were sold out at the exhibition. A 'Maandagmorgen' is still available for 35 euro excluding shipping. If you're interested, just visit my website www.joco.me and send me a mail.

I will be making a second batch of books soon. Again, drop me a note to secure yours.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten