maandag 15 april 2013

Meet Brutus!



For the first of the covers I made at home I used make-shift tools like a rolling pin and a bucket full of water. Although the results have been satisfactory, some covers have gotten a little blistery. So I decided I needed a bit more pressing force.

In comes Brutus! Brutus is all about force.

He was built in the twenties or so and designed for copying work. At some point he became obsolete (fortunately for Xerox) and was stored in a wet environment. Brutus wears the scars in the shapes of rust pits in his cast-iron body.

Later he was apparently considered 'decorative', a thick layer of black paint was used to cover up the rust and golden striping stickers were added for the rustic effect. Imagine the humiliation!

So a little TLC was needed. When I first tested the press it sounded like a group of pigs being driven into the slaughterhouse. So I opened up the moving parts, cleaned them from rust and dried out grease, and applied a generous amount of new grease.

And now Brutus can show off his strength yet again!

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten